Pacquiao Announces Ring Return with Nov 5 Bout Against Jessie Vargas

Manny Pacquiao has announced he is coming out of retirement to fight WBO welterweight champion Jessie Vargas November 5.

Pacquiao announces ring return
Though largely expected, the decision will be well received by the boxing community and his numerous fans across the globe as his exit rid the sport of one of the most sparkling personalities in recent times.

The eight-division world champion made the announcement after meeting with promoter Bob Arum in Manila, the capital of Philippines, Sky Sports writes.
“Yes, the fight is on. I have agreed to a November 5 fight with reigning WBO welterweight champion Jessie Vargas,” Pacquiao said. 
“Boxing is my passion. I miss what I’d been doing inside the gym and atop the ring.”
He won on unanimous decision against American Timothy Bradley in April in what was a vintage show from the Pacman, after which he announced his retirement to focus on his burgeoning political career.

Pacman takes on Vargas in November
Pacquiao, 37, (58-6-2, 38 KOs) was elected to the Philippine senate in May having previously served as a Congressman, but made it clear he wasn’t quite done smashing faces and getting paid.

Pacman drawn controversy with some of his remarks
“Boxing is my main source of income. I can’t rely on my salary as a public official,” he said. 
“I’m helping the family of my wife and my own family, as well. Many people also come to me to ask for help and I just couldn’t ignore them.”
He however said he wouldn’t renege on his duties as a senator after promoting the fight against the 27-year-old American.
“My entire training camp will be held here in the Philippines so I can attend to my legislative work. This is my campaign promise and I’m determined to keep it,” he said.
His performance on the job may be in question, though, as he’s severally caused a furore over anti-gay remarks, and more recently he gave unconditional backing to President Rodrigo Duterte’s death sentence for drug dealers, quoting the Bible in the process.

Filipinos still love him for his exploits as a pugilist, and he’d do well to come out tops against Vargas in order to save his waning popularity.

OJPals, what do you think? Sound off below!

@OJ’s Blog EXCLUSIVE
Email: olumidejohnson.blogs@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slavery: See How White Slave Traders Dehumanised Naked Black Slave Women

Get in Here, Ladies! Tyson Beckford Strips for Massive Eggplant Selfie on Instagram; Fans React

‘Queen of SnapChat’ YesJulz Sex Tape Hits the Internet, and it’s Horrible